Job no: 492506
Work type: Maximum Term
As market-leaders in complex project delivery for the Infrastructure, Renewables and Resources sectors, we are continually delivering integrated, multi-disciplinary construction and engineering solutions for our clients. And we have been doing it for more than 40 years.
Decmil is a public listed company (ASX code DCG). Since our establishment in 1978, Decmil has remained an Australian owned business.
We operate across Australasia, ensuring that Decmil can offer a robust combination of national expertise with local knowledge. Regardless of the size, scope or location, we are renowned for working collaboratively with our clients, delivering successful projects on-time and on-budget.
Our reputation is founded on a culture of integrity, excellence, accountability and teamwork. At Decmil, we provide a team environment that is supportive and trusting at all levels and our people are encouraged to challenge openly, to work collaboratively and to make a difference.
We have an opportunity for a highly motivated and driven Quantity Surveyor to join our project team in Wellington.
As the Quantity Surveyor your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in the effective and profitable management of all contract information; draw up all subcontract and supplier documentation of a project of high complexity, or several separate projects.
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of all project contract documentation including head contracts and subcontracts.
- In conjunction with the Commercial Manager, negotiate with the client and / or subcontractors to provide the best commercial outcome for the project.
- Abide by all company procedures, statutory and legal requirements and ensure risk exposure to Company Terms & Conditions is minimised at all times.
- Conduct all assessments of Risk and Opportunity for project/s and report / act on any areas of exposure to margin, program or reputation.
- Review and monitor planned expenditure against budget for subcontracts and head contacts and ensure adequate cost control.
- Undertake cost controlling, estimating, budgeting, forecasting, subcontract claim review and or commercial negotiation activities required and ensure budgetary targets are set and either met or exceeded.
Whilst technical experience is of importance to us, to be considered you will have:
- Bachelor Degree or Postgraduate Diploma in Quantity Surveying.
- Experience in a Quantity Surveying capacity, and working with contractual and commercial documentation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in Jobpac preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
Decmil is an equal opportunity employer and we support diversity in our workforce.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining the right people who are highly competent, live our values and actively contribute to our long-term success. If you’re ready to join the Decmil Team, apply now.
Advertised: New Zealand Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend