Engineer - Project Senior
Job no: 492551
Work type: Full Time
Location: VIC - Melbourne
As market-leaders in complex project delivery for the Infrastructure, Renewables and Resources sectors, we are continually delivering integrated, multi-disciplinary construction and engineering solutions for our clients. And we have been doing it for close to 40 years.
Decmil is a public listed company (ASX code DCG). Since our establishment in 1978, Decmil has remained an Australian owned business.
We operate across Australasia, ensuring that Decmil can offer a robust combination of national expertise with local knowledge. Regardless of the size, scope or location, we are renowned for working collaboratively with our clients, delivering successful projects on-time and on-budget.
Our reputation is founded on a culture of integrity, excellence, accountability and teamwork. At Decmil, we provide a team environment that is supportive and trusting at all levels and our people are encouraged to challenge openly, to work collaboratively and to make a difference.
Our business is growing and we are building a team to support future works. We have an exciting position in the new year for a passionate and driven Engineer.
As the Senior Project Engineer your responsibilities will include:
- Delivering high quality engineering to achieve successful project delivery;
- Undertaking cost controlling, estimating, budgeting, forecasting, sub-contract claim review and commercial negotiation activities;
- Ensuring appropriate operational, functional and management control processes are in place to achieve project objectives;
- Monitoring projects and immediately act on any areas of risk;
- Ensuring construction activities meet budget requirements and adhering to cost controls systems;
- Developing and reviewing construction, planning and monitoring progress to ensure schedule and quality requirements are achieved;
- Managing, leading and driving employees to ensure activities are completed safely, on time and to high standards.
Whilst technical experience is of importance to us, to be considered for our talent pool and future positions, you will have:
- Bachelor of Engineering or equivalent;
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in the civil construction industry with a strong background in roads and bridges;
- Proven ability and demonstrated experience in planning and managing projects, including contract management, project expenditure, estimating and delivery;
- Demonstrated experience in effective monitoring of sub-contractors and other trades;
- Strong technical knowledge and understanding;
- High level of communication, written and interpersonal skills.
Decmil is an equal opportunity employer and we support diversity in our workforce. Indigenous candidates are encouraged to apply.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining the right people who are highly competent, live our values and actively contribute to our long-term success. If you’re ready to join the Decmil Team, apply now.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend