Job no: 492554
Work type: Full Time
Location: VIC - Melbourne
As market-leaders in complex project delivery for the Infrastructure, Renewables and Resources sectors, we are continually delivering integrated, multi-disciplinary construction and engineering solutions for our clients. And we have been doing it for more than 40 years.
Decmil is a public listed company (ASX code DCG). Since our establishment in 1978, Decmil has remained an Australian owned business.
We operate across Australasia, ensuring that Decmil can offer a robust combination of national expertise with local knowledge. Regardless of the size, scope or location, we are renowned for working collaboratively with our clients, delivering successful projects on-time and on-budget.
Our reputation is founded on a culture of integrity, excellence, accountability and teamwork. At Decmil, we provide a team environment that is supportive and trusting at all levels and our people are encouraged to challenge openly, to work collaboratively and to make a difference.
We have an opportunity for an experienced Design Manager to work across multiple infrastructures project, within our Southern Region.
As the Design Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate the production of a design for a package of works that complies with statutory, regulatory and technical requirements, the client’s expectations, is cost effective, and considers all aspects of delivery to the client.
- Manage the commercial control and review of the design development process.
- Facilitate or participate in regular reviews with the project teams to evaluate alternative design and engineering proposals and ensure they are within the project budget and time frame.
- Ensure changes in scope, design or methodology are communicated to the construction personnel to ensure changes are incorporated in the construction planning.
- Build and maintain collaborative business relationships with key stakeholders.
Whilst technical experience is of importance to us, to be considered for our talent pool and future positions, you will have:
- Tertiary Qualifications in Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture, Building Science or similar.
- Minimum 5 years engineering design experience, within the civil infrastructure sector.
- Comprehensive knowledge of design including implementation, auditing and training requisite personnel in all policy and procedural design documents for pre-contract, project award and post-contract review.
- Ability to develop relationships with clients, team members and contractors to ensure excellence in delivery.
- Proven performance on successful projects.
Decmil is an equal opportunity employer and we support diversity in our workforce. Indigenous candidates are encouraged to apply.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining the right people who are highly competent, live our values and actively contribute to our long-term success. If you’re ready to join the Decmil Team, apply now.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend