Estimator - Senior
Job no: 492596
Work type: Full Time
Location: VIC - Melbourne
As market-leaders in complex project delivery for the Infrastructure, Renewables and Resources sectors, we are continually delivering integrated, multi-disciplinary construction and engineering solutions for our clients. And we have been doing it for more than 40 years.
Decmil is a public listed company (ASX code DCG). Since our establishment in 1978, Decmil has remained an Australian owned business.
We operate across Australasia, ensuring that Decmil can offer a robust combination of national expertise with local knowledge. Regardless of the size, scope or location, we are renowned for working collaboratively with our clients, delivering successful projects on-time and on-budget.
Our reputation is founded on a culture of integrity, excellence, accountability and teamwork. At Decmil, we provide a team environment that is supportive and trusting at all levels and our people are encouraged to challenge openly, to work collaboratively and to make a difference.
We have an exciting opportunity for a dedicated and highly motivated Senior Estimator to join our project team in Melbourne.
As the Senior Estimator your responsibilities will include:
- Ensure submissions to clients for expressions of interest and tenders comply with client requirements;
- Ensure procurement and purchasing functions are completed in accordance with Company procedures for selected projects as directed by the bid manager;
- Assist in the operational review of scope of work and prepare operational input data;
- Analyse job/project profitability, analyse unit costs and monitor necessary changes to increase success rate;
- Carry out a commercial review of the contract against standard contracting principles and prepare a list of issues, deviations and recommendations;
- Ensure Company risk & opportunity processes are completed in a fully compliant manner;
- Mentor less senior members of the team and assist them in their quality of work and overall professional development;
- Build and maintain collaborative business relationships with key stakeholders.
Whilst technical experience is of importance to us, to be considered for our talent pool and future positions, you will have:
- Tertiary Qualifications in Quantity Surveying, Engineering, Construction Management or similar;
- Minimum 8 year’s previous experience within the Australian civil construction or engineering industry, preferably in roads;
- Solid understanding of programming;
- Proven knowledge of estimating including identifying cost options and preparing tenders and proposals;
- Proven estimating, project controls and contractual management skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Decmil is an equal opportunity employer and we support diversity in our workforce. Indigenous candidates are encouraged to apply.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining the right people who are highly competent, live our values and actively contribute to our long-term success. If you’re ready to join the Decmil Team, apply now.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend