Senior Project Engineer
Job no: 492628
Work type: Full Time
Location: VIC - Melbourne
As market-leaders in complex project delivery for the Infrastructure, Renewables and Resources sectors, we are continually delivering integrated, multi-disciplinary construction and engineering solutions for our clients. And we have been doing it for more than 40 years.
Decmil is a public listed company (ASX code DCG). Since our establishment in 1978, Decmil has remained an Australian owned business.
We operate across Australasia, ensuring that Decmil can offer a robust combination of national expertise with local knowledge. Regardless of the size, scope or location, we are renowned for working collaboratively with our clients, delivering successful projects on-time and on-budget.
Our reputation is founded on a culture of integrity, excellence, accountability and teamwork. At Decmil, we provide a team environment that is supportive and trusting at all levels and our people are encouraged to challenge openly, to work collaboratively and to make a difference.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Project Engineer who has a strong background in large civil infrastructure projects, to join our project team in Drydale.
As the Senior Project Engineer your responsibilities will include:
- Plan and coordinate complex project engineering assignments entailing technical specifications and the preparation of detailed plans;
- Undertake cost controlling, estimating, budgeting, forecasting, sub-contract claims review and commercial negotiation activities;
- Ensure Project Safety Management Plans obligations are implemented and met;
- Act as a trouble shooter and ensure any potential problems are resolved or alerted to senior management;
- Maintain and ensure all work is of high standard and compliant with quality control frameworks; and
- Demonstrate and provide a high level of customer service to project team, client representatives, sub-contractors, foreman, consultants and community.
Whilst technical experience is of importance to us, to be considered you will have:
- Bachelor of Engineering or equivalent;
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in Australian civil infrastructure industry;
- Proven financial, risk, commercial and contractual skills;
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions;
- Demonstrated experience in effective supervision, monitoring of sub-contractors and other trades.
Decmil is an equal opportunity employer and we support diversity in our workforce. Indigenous candidates are encouraged to apply.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining the right people who are highly competent, live our values and actively contribute to our long-term success. If you’re ready to join the Decmil Team, apply now.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend