Job no: 492673
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Health, Safety & Environment
As market-leaders in complex project delivery for the Infrastructure, Renewables and Resources sectors, we are continually delivering integrated, multi-disciplinary construction and engineering solutions for our clients. And we have been doing it for more than 40 years.
Decmil is a public listed company (ASX code DCG). Since our establishment in 1978, Decmil has remained an Australian owned business.
We operate across Australasia, ensuring that Decmil can offer a robust combination of national expertise with local knowledge. Regardless of the size, scope or location, we are renowned for working collaboratively with our clients, delivering successful projects on-time and on-budget.
Our reputation is founded on a culture of integrity, excellence, accountability and teamwork. At Decmil, we provide a team environment that is supportive and trusting at all levels and our people are encouraged to challenge openly, to work collaboratively and to make a difference.
We have an exciting opportunity for a passionate and driven HSE professional to lead and mentor our team in New Zealand.
As the HSE Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Commitment to "No Harm Culture" and "Lost Time Injury" free workplace;
- Maintain and drive a constant field presence for HSE across all projects project;
- Clear understanding of HSE legislation and provide advice to ensure compliance with HSE Management plans;
- Ensure the completion of internal and external HSE audits for the region;
- Maintain relationships with our clients through regular contact, and open communication on HSE matters;
- Provide support, assistance and mentoring to the workforce in the completion of HSE KPIs, i.e. workplace inspections, behavioural observations, corrective action closeouts;
- Provide leadership that fosters a spirit of teamwork and drives a successful and safe project delivery.
Whilst technical experience is of importance to us, to be considered you will have:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a HSE Management role;
- Minimum Graduate Certification in Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) or a related field, i.e. health science, risk management;
- Working knowledge of HSEQ practices and HSE legislation;
- Proven ability to develop programs to improve awareness and capabilities to identify site specific risks;
- High-level generalist HSE skills, including incident investigation and auditing capability;
- Proven ability and demonstrated experience managing a HSE team in the construction industry;
- Excellent computer proficiency in word processing, spread sheets and experience with automated HSEQ management systems.
Decmil is an equal opportunity employer and we support diversity in our workforce.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining the right people who are highly competent, live our values and actively contribute to our long-term success. If you’re ready to join the Decmil Team, apply now.
Advertised: New Zealand Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend