Project Controls Engineer
Job no: 492679
Work type: Full Time
Location: WA - Perth
As market-leaders in complex project delivery for the Infrastructure, Renewables and Resources sectors, we are continually delivering integrated, multi-disciplinary construction and engineering solutions for our clients. And we have been doing it for more than 40 years.
Decmil is a public listed company (ASX code DCG). Since our establishment in 1978, Decmil has remained an Australian owned business.
We operate across Australasia, ensuring that Decmil can offer a robust combination of national expertise with local knowledge. Regardless of the size, scope or location, we are renowned for working collaboratively with our clients, delivering successful projects on-time and on-budget.
Our reputation is founded on a culture of integrity, excellence, accountability and teamwork. At Decmil, we provide a team environment that is supportive and trusting at all levels and our people are encouraged to challenge openly, to work collaboratively and to make a difference.
This exciting new role will be supporting the Group Manager Project Controls and project teams by developing, implementing, controlling, reporting and providing advice on standards and procedures for all aspects of project controls and processes to ensure successful project delivery including time and cost objectives.
As the Project Controls Engineer your responsibilities will include:
- Implement, Manage and promote BIM technologies into existing project controls systems and workflows;
- Implement and manage Project Controls systems to facilitate reporting on Project Controls in accordance with contract documents and the Planning and Project Controls procedures;
- Assist in the provision of key planning and programme status with regards to progress, time, cost and contractual issues;
- Ensure scope of work variations, potential variations and other sales opportunities are identified and controlled;
- Demonstrate a commitment to on site safety and environmental control by ensuring compliance with project risk analysis;
- Assist Project Manager in producing reports for financial review including analysis of budget, cost/revenue, cost to complete, variations, progress and contractual claims.
Whilst technical experience is of importance to us, it is also critical that the successful candidate will have the following:
- Relevant Tertiary Degree;
- A minimum of 5 - 10 years previous experience in a similar position;
- A minimum of 5 – 10 years in the building / civil construction and/or resources industries;
- Demonstrated competency in managing various Planning functions including the provision routine reports and correspondence, defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts and drawing valid conclusions;
- Proven capabilities in contract administration, problems solving and researching innovative ways to reduce costs;
- Demonstrate competency and focus on identifying and implementing project controls related technologies such as BIM (4D / 5D) and Digital Engineering;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and Primavera 6.
Decmil is an equal opportunity employer and we support diversity in our workforce.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining the right people who are highly competent, live our values and actively contribute to our long-term success. If you’re ready to join the Decmil Team, apply now.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend