Job no: 492725
Work type: Full Time, Maximum Term
As market-leaders in complex project delivery for the Infrastructure, Renewables and Resources sectors, we are continually delivering integrated, multi-disciplinary construction and engineering solutions for our clients. And we have been doing it for more than 40 years.
Decmil is a public listed company (ASX code DCG). Since our establishment in 1978, Decmil has remained an Australian owned business.
We operate across Australasia, ensuring that Decmil can offer a robust combination of national expertise with local knowledge. Regardless of the size, scope or location, we are renowned for working collaboratively with our clients, delivering successful projects on-time and on-budget.
Our reputation is founded on a culture of integrity, excellence, accountability and teamwork. At Decmil, we provide a team environment that is supportive and trusting at all levels and our people are encouraged to challenge openly, to work collaboratively and to make a difference.
This dynamic position will give a great opportunity to an experienced QS professional looking to take charge of their career. The role will be based in Christchurch supporting our infrastructure team.
As the Quantity Surveyor your responsibilities will include:
- Prepare Bills of Quantities and specifications for projects;
- Undertake cost planning, cost analysis, site measurements for progress payments and variations which occur on site;
- Report on job progress and cost control to the Project Manager;
- Prepare progress claims on clients for payment of work done;
- Assist with cost controlling, estimating, budgeting, forecasting and subcontract claim reviews required;
- Ensure the project is delivered in accordance with the contract documentation and company standards and procedures;
- Support Decmil’s commitment in achieving zero incident and injury protection;
- Ensure reporting requirements are adhered to and regular, consistent and timely reporting is administered as required.
Whilst technical experience is of importance to us, to be considered you will have:
- Tertiary Qualifications in Commercial Management, Commercial Law, Construction Management, Quantity Surveying or similar;
- Minimum of 3 years previous experience in the building or engineering industries;
- Proven knowledge of contract law, administration and financial services;
- Proven commercial & risk, planning, project controls and contractual management skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external partners;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- High level computer literacy skills in relevant field.
Decmil is an equal opportunity employer and we support diversity in our workforce.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining the right people who are highly competent, live our values and actively contribute to our long-term success. If you’re ready to join the Decmil Team, apply now.
Advertised: New Zealand Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend