Group Manager – Learning and Development
Job no: 492782
Work type: Full Time
Location: QLD - Brisbane, VIC - Melbourne, WA - Perth
Categories: Human Resources
As market-leaders in complex project delivery for the Infrastructure, Renewables and Resources sectors, we are continually delivering integrated, multi-disciplinary construction and engineering solutions for our clients. And we have been doing it for more than 40 years.
Decmil is a public listed company (ASX code DCG). Since our establishment in 1978, Decmil has remained an Australian owned business.
We operate across Australasia, ensuring that Decmil can offer a robust combination of national expertise with local knowledge. Regardless of the size, scope or location, we are renowned for working collaboratively with our clients, delivering successful projects on-time and on-budget.
Our reputation is founded on a culture of integrity, excellence, accountability and teamwork. At Decmil, we provide a team environment that is supportive and trusting at all levels and our people are encouraged to challenge openly, to work collaboratively and to make a difference.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Learning and Development professional to take the lead to analyse, design, develop, conduct and evaluate learning solutions to deliver effective solutions for Decmil. This role will also lead the diversity and inclusion strategy.
As the Group Learning and Development Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Develop the learning strategy in consultation with key internal stakeholders.
- Develop a competency framework incorporating training needs analysis based on prioritised areas within the business and Link information to individual development plans and performance management.
- Translate legislative requirements and business needs into the competency matrix, ensuring it is relevant, up to date and user-friendly.
- Measure and report on overall effectiveness of training strategy including both quantitative and qualitative factors to ensure return on investment.
- Develop training management plans (TMP) to meet client requirements for applicable projects
- Evaluate the feasibility of establishing Decmil as an RTO and implement if appropriate.
Whilst technical experience is of importance to us, to be considered you will have:
- Qualifications in Training and Assessment and/or Degree in Adult Learning.
- Relevant depth of experience (5+ years) managing a training function within the infrastructure, oil and gas and/or engineering industries.
- Previous experience in establishing a Registered Training Organisation (RTO).
- Thorough understanding of the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF); Vocational Education and Training (VET) Sector/
- Self-starter with a strong internal stakeholder focus and excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to think strategically while being hands-on with the day-to-day workload.
Decmil is an equal opportunity employer and we support diversity in our workforce. Indigenous candidates are encouraged to apply.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining the right people who are highly competent, live our values and actively contribute to our long-term success. If you’re ready to join the Decmil Team, apply now.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend