Job no: 492803
Work type: Maximum Term
Location: QLD - Regional
As market-leaders in complex project delivery for the Infrastructure, Renewables and Resources sectors, we are continually delivering integrated, multi-disciplinary construction and engineering solutions for our clients. And we have been doing it for more than 40 years.
Decmil is a public listed company (ASX code DCG). Since our establishment in 1978, Decmil has remained an Australian owned business.
We operate across Australasia, ensuring that Decmil can offer a robust combination of national expertise with local knowledge. Regardless of the size, scope or location, we are renowned for working collaboratively with our clients, delivering successful projects on-time and on-budget.
Our reputation is founded on a culture of integrity, excellence, accountability and teamwork. At Decmil, we provide a team environment that is supportive and trusting at all levels and our people are encouraged to challenge openly, to work collaboratively and to make a difference.
Our business is growing and we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and highly driven Superintendent - Civil / Construction, with a strong background in oil and gas for a local Gladstone based role.
Working a Monday to Saturday roster, the Superintendent will be responsible for but not limited to the following duties:
- Ensure the successful delivery of assigned project
- Manage site based activities involving direct labour, subcontractors and materials to ensure all safety, quality and time requirements are met
- Liaise with client representatives over site based issues, working towards time efficient resolutions;
- Report regularly to the Project Manager on project performance and costs against company objectives;
- Regularly liaise with Supervisors to ensure construction efficiency;
- Strict adherence to safe working practices at job sites, training, preparation of JSAs, conduct toolbox and site safety meetings, preparation of safety statistics and reports and where necessary the lodgement of returns to client or governmental authorities
- Build and maintain collaborative business relationships with key stakeholders.
Whilst technical experience is of importance to us, to be considered you will have:
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Superintendent capacity
- Proven performance of 10 years experience in projects including managing all aspects of construction in the oil and gas sector;
- QGC Inducted highly regarded;
- Proven financial, risk, commercial, contractual and human resource management skills;
- Strong qualities of leadership, integrity and performance management.
Decmil is an equal opportunity employer and we support diversity in our workforce. Indigenous and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining the right people who are highly competent, live our values and actively contribute to our long-term success. If you’re ready to join the Decmil Team, apply now.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend