Engineer - Quality Assurance
Job no: 492827
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Quality Assurance & Control
As market-leaders in complex project delivery for the Infrastructure, Renewables and Resources sectors, we are continually delivering integrated, multi-disciplinary construction and engineering solutions for our clients. And we have been doing it for more than 40 years.
Decmil is a public listed company (ASX code DCG). Since our establishment in 1978, Decmil has remained an Australian owned business.
We operate across Australasia, ensuring that Decmil can offer a robust combination of national expertise with local knowledge. Regardless of the size, scope or location, we are renowned for working collaboratively with our clients, delivering successful projects on-time and on-budget.
Our reputation is founded on a culture of integrity, excellence, accountability and teamwork. At Decmil, we provide a team environment that is supportive and trusting at all levels and our people are encouraged to challenge openly, to work collaboratively and to make a difference.
This exciting role will assist our project team based in Christchurch for the safe delivery of a large infrastructure project.
As the Quality Assurance Engineer your responsibilities will include:
- Implementation of quality control procedures and plans;
- Progressive compilation of QA documentation into MDR approved format;
- Preparation of ITP’s and procedures;
- Coordinate all site inspections with the client;
- Ensure that all inspection reports are accurate and that all related documents/specifications/drawings etc. are current;
- Prepare non-conformance reports to the QA manager and assist with corrective actions and close out;
- Assist with the preparation of the handover documentation;
- Build and maintain collaborative business relationships with key stakeholders.
Whilst technical experience is of importance to us, it is also critical that the successful candidate will have the following:
- Degree in engineering;
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role;
- Good knowledge of relevant codes and standards;
- Proven ability to generate weld maps and weld logs;
- Proven ability to prepare inspection and test plans (ITP) and quality related procedures;
- Proven ability to compile and progressively manage material data records (MDR);
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Decmil is an equal opportunity employer and we support diversity in our workforce.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining the right people who are highly competent, live our values and actively contribute to our long-term success. If you’re ready to join the Decmil Team, apply now.
Advertised: New Zealand Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend