Senior Environmental Advisor
Job no: 492939
Work type: Full Time
Location: VIC - Melbourne
Categories: Health, Safety & Environment
Major Road Projects Victoria (MRPV) has appointed the McConnell Dowell Decmil Joint Venture (MCDDJV) as preferred tenderer for the Mordialloc Freeway project and contractor for early works activities. The full contract is scheduled to be awarded in October 2019 with construction to commence shortly after.
The 9-kilometre freeway will connect the Mornington Peninsula Freeway at Springvale Road in Aspendale Gardens to the Dingley Bypass in Dingley Village. The Freeway consists of two lanes in each direction with bridges and exit and entry ramps at Springvale Road, Governor Road, Lower Dandenong Road and Centre Dandenong Road. As part of the project, we’ll also build new bridges over Old Dandenong Road and at Waterways, and a new off-road shared walking and cycling path along the length of the new Freeway.
We are seeking applications from self-motivated and driven Senior Environmental Advisors to assist in the development, implementation and coordination of environmental initiatives. The role reports to the Project Environmental Manager. You will support the compliance, assurance and continuous improvement of the initiatives across a diverse range of project environments.
- The provision of advice to the design, construction and subcontractor teams in areas of environmental management and sustainability to deliver outstanding environmental outcomes
- Developing, implementing and reviewing Environmental Management Strategy, Plans, Procedures
- Developing documentation to support environment approvals submission
- Ability to provide guidance and support to two environmental advisors and to the project Sustainability Manager
- Ensuring environmental programs, initiatives and innovations are effectively communicated and promoted to strengthen the culture with the business
- Undertaking site inspections to monitor activities, identify risks to the environment and solve problems proactively to manage these risks appropriately
- Providing interpretation of results and regular progress reports against environmental performance targets for nominated worksites. be able to collate and statistically analyse environmental data, interpret the results and write clear and concise reports
- Having input into site induction and training programs
- Monitoring and reporting environmental costs
- If required, represent the Environmental and Sustainability Team in meetings
- An understanding of using ISCA as a rating tool and delivering sustainability innovations.
Applicants will ideally possess a relevant formal qualification in Environmental Management, Engineering or Science or related discipline. In addition, you will have a practical knowledge of relevant legislation, experience in greenhouse and carbon footprint accounting, along with the monitoring of environmental awareness systems. You will be able to demonstrate capability in the development, innovation and implementation of leading environmental and sustainability initiatives, policies and procedures. Previous experience gained within a construction or resources environment will be highly regarded.
Upload your CV and cover letter below. Shortlisted candidates will be notified, asked to furnish further documents and called to interview.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend