Job no: 492958
Work type: Full Time
Location: VIC - Melbourne
As market-leaders in complex project delivery for the Infrastructure, Renewables and Resources sectors, we are continually delivering integrated, multi-disciplinary construction and engineering solutions for our clients. And we have been doing it for more than 40 years.
Decmil is a public listed company (ASX code DCG). Since our establishment in 1978, Decmil has remained an Australian owned business.
We operate across Australasia, ensuring that Decmil can offer a robust combination of national expertise with local knowledge. Regardless of the size, scope or location, we are renowned for working collaboratively with our clients, delivering successful projects on-time and on-budget.
Our reputation is founded on a culture of integrity, excellence, accountability and teamwork. At Decmil, we provide a team environment that is supportive and trusting at all levels and our people are encouraged to challenge openly, to work collaboratively and to make a difference.
We are seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic Document Controller to join our project delivery team at Plenty Road Stage 2
As the Document Controller your responsibilities will include but not limited too:
- Maintain the currency and security of all project registers and information systems in respect of correspondence, drawings, scope and design variations, quality inspections etc.
- Issue and receive controlled copies of information.
- Check that all information complies with specified format and standards.
- Liaison with various stakeholders (e.g. design and project groups) to ensure correct information is available.
- Provide training to other employees on correct project document procedures and standards.
- Provide advice on procedures and recommendations for approval.
- Register all documentation supplied by client and subcontractors into the Document Management System.
- Return reviewed documentation to vendors under cover of a transmittal using the Document Management System.
- Provide overall support to project teams in the form of summary or detailed reports, advice on revision and records control.
Whilst technical experience is of importance to us, to be considered you will have:
- Degree or post-secondary school training or TAFE certificate in Business Administration or other associated disciplines advantageous
- 3-5 years document control experience.
- Experience in various software packages for document registration.
- Practical experience in document control systems on engineering and construction projects.
- Good interpersonal interaction with co-workers and clients.
- Organisational skills and the ability to work within challenging timeframes
- Demonstrated ability in interpreting project related documents, in record management process and procedures and reporting
Decmil is an equal opportunity employer and we support diversity in our workforce. Indigenous candidates are encouraged to apply.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining the right people who are highly competent, live our values and actively contribute to our long-term success. If you’re ready to join the Decmil Team, apply now.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend