Senior Project Engineer
Job no: 492963
Work type: Maximum Term
Location: QLD - Regional
As market-leaders in complex project delivery for the Infrastructure, Renewables and Resources sectors, we are continually delivering integrated, multi-disciplinary construction and engineering solutions for our clients. And we have been doing it for more than 40 years.
Decmil is a public listed company (ASX code DCG). Since our establishment in 1978, Decmil has remained an Australian owned business.
We operate across Australasia, ensuring that Decmil can offer a robust combination of national expertise with local knowledge. Regardless of the size, scope or location, we are renowned for working collaboratively with our clients, delivering successful projects on-time and on-budget.
Our reputation is founded on a culture of integrity, excellence, accountability and teamwork. At Decmil, we provide a team environment that is supportive and trusting at all levels and our people are encouraged to challenge openly, to work collaboratively and to make a difference.
We are seeking a highly motivated Civil Engineer with strong TMR and concrete works background to join our team on Curtis Island.
As the Senior Project Engineer your responsibilities will include:
- Undertake and assist in cost controlling, estimating, budgeting, forecasting, sub-contract claim review and commercial negotiation activities;
- Monitor field production progress quantities against budget and forecast final cost for each item;
- Manage key planning and programme status with regard to progress, time, cost and contractual issues;
- Ensure that subcontractors complete the MDR’s and Inspection Test Plan’s (ITP’s) including coordinating the relevant subcontractor, consultant & client signoffs at the specified witness/hold points;
- Prepare programs for allocated work packages that meets the objectives of the project;
- Maintain thorough knowledge of the contract including engineering and technical specifications.
Whilst technical experience is of importance to us, to be considered you will have:
- Relevant Tertiary Degree: Civil;
- 10 years post grad experience;
- Strong Scheduling, QA and cost control experience;
- Strong analytical and reporting skills;
- Proven track record in working closely with Field operations and delivery;
- Take personal accountability for own safety and comply with safety culture;
- Flexible to work on a 5/2 roster
Decmil is an equal opportunity employer and we support diversity in our workforce. Indigenous candidates are encouraged to apply.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining the right people who are highly competent, live our values and actively contribute to our long-term success. If you’re ready to join the Decmil Team, apply now.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend