Job no: 493003
Work type: Full Time
Location: QLD - Brisbane
Categories: Pre Contracts & Business Development
As market-leaders in complex project delivery for the Infrastructure, Renewables and Resources sectors, we are continually delivering integrated, multi-disciplinary construction and engineering solutions for our clients. And we have been doing it for more than 40 years.
Decmil is a public listed company (ASX code DCG). Since our establishment in 1978, Decmil has remained an Australian owned business.
We operate across Australasia, ensuring that Decmil can offer a robust combination of national expertise with local knowledge. Regardless of the size, scope or location, we are renowned for working collaboratively with our clients, delivering successful projects on-time and on-budget.
Our reputation is founded on a culture of integrity, excellence, accountability and teamwork. At Decmil, we provide a team environment that is supportive and trusting at all levels and our people are encouraged to challenge openly, to work collaboratively and to make a difference.
We have an exciting opportunity for a driven and enthusiastic Estimator with a strong background in the Civil sector, who is passionate about systems and enjoys working in a fast-paced work environment.
As the Estimator your responsibilities will include:
- Ensure submissions to clients for expressions of interest and tenders comply with client requirements;
- Preparation of estimates for a diverse range of tenders within the building and resource sector;
- Assist in the operational review of scope of work and prepare operational input data;
- Analyse job/project profitability, analyse unit costs and monitor necessary changes to increase the success rate and
- Estimate from first principles and build ups for relevant scope packages.
Whilst technical experience is of importance to us, to be considered you will have:
- Tertiary Qualifications in Quantity Surveying (preferred), Engineering, Construction Management or similar;
- Minimum 5 year’s previous experience within the Australian civil construction or engineering industry;
- Solid understanding of programming;
- Proven knowledge of estimating including identifying cost options and preparing tenders and proposals;
- Proven estimating, project controls and contractual management skills; and
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Decmil is an equal opportunity employer and we support diversity in our workforce. Indigenous candidates are encouraged to apply.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining the right people who are highly competent, live our values and actively contribute to our long-term success. If you’re ready to join the Decmil Team, apply now.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend