Job no: 493036
Work type: Full Time, Maximum Term
Location: Auckland, Canterbury
As market-leaders in complex project delivery for the Infrastructure, Renewables and Resources sectors, we are continually delivering integrated, multi-disciplinary construction and engineering solutions for our clients. And we have been doing it for more than 40 years.
Decmil is a public listed company (ASX code DCG). Since our establishment in 1978, Decmil has remained an Australian owned business.
We operate across Australasia, ensuring that Decmil can offer a robust combination of national expertise with local knowledge. Regardless of the size, scope or location, we are renowned for working collaboratively with our clients, delivering successful projects on-time and on-budget.
Our reputation is founded on a culture of integrity, excellence, accountability and teamwork. At Decmil, we provide a team environment that is supportive and trusting at all levels and our people are encouraged to challenge openly, to work collaboratively and to make a difference.
Opportunity for an experienced and motivated Senior Planner to join a driven project delivery team. This role currently supports current projects within Christchurch and Wellington, with regular travel required to the region required until completion
As the Senior Planner your responsibilities will include but not limited too:
- Assisting the Project Team to complete construction programs in accordance with the contract documentation, Decmil standards and procedures.
- Deliver short and long-term plans, whilst facilitating the ongoing maintaining, coordinating and monitoring of the design, procurement and construction.
- Produce preliminary tenders project programs in accordance with the procedures and tender documentation.
- Project program updating and reporting for project teams.
- Report on planning and programming of projects to respective Project Managers and or Construction Managers.
- Assist the project teams in compiling contractual claims as may be required.
- Demonstrate a commitment to safety and environmental control by ensuring compliance with Project Risk Analysis.
Whilst technical experience is of importance to us, to be considered you will have:
- Degree or Diploma in Project Management, Engineering, Construction Management or similar.
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in the Building construction industry
- 5 to 10 years previous experience in a similiar position
- Demonstrated competency in managing various Planning functions including the provision routine reports and correspondence, defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts and drawing valid conclusions
- Ability to write routine reports, basis of program reports, identify program risks and correspondence.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to problem solve and research innovative ways to reduce costs.
Decmil is an equal opportunity employer and we support diversity in our workforce. Indigenous candidates are encouraged to apply.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining the right people who are highly competent, live our values and actively contribute to our long-term success. If you’re ready to join the Decmil Team, apply now.
Advertised: New Zealand Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend