As market leaders in complex, multi-disciplinary project delivery for over 40 years, Decmil deliver integrated construction and engineering solutions across the infrastructure, resources, energy and construction sectors.
The Decmil culture is a key factor in our company’s success. We are committed to operating in a way that delivers lasting benefits for all of our stakeholders including the communities we work for, our clients, our employees and our shareholders.
Our business is built around people, people who are team players and enjoy contributing their ideas to get the best out of their working life. Our people are united by a spirit of curiosity, one that enables them to face challenges with a unique perspective, a perspective which is truly Decmil.
We have an exciting opportunity for a dedicated and highly motivated Senior Planner to join our project team.
The objectives of the planning function are:
• To own and maintain the construction programme throughout the project duration;
• To ensure adequate time controls are set up at time of tender award to achieve the project objectives;
• To actively adopt 4D planning techniques to support communication of the project time model;
• To provide the baseline for regular and accurate programme updates and reliable forecasts;
• To advise other project team members on priorities and criticality of program activities;
• To assist the project team in achieving the agreed completion milestones and provide assurance on achieving the key dates;
• Provide early warning notices to project team on delays and the likely effects of delays;
• To Prepare Notice of Delays and Extension of Time claims using best practise methods;
• To hold regular Schedule Risk Analysis workshops and produce the respective analysis for senior management review; and
• To produce weekly and monthly reporting including Earned Value metrics including SPI, CPI and SV analysis.
As a Senior Planner your responsibilities will include:
• Ensure programmes are accurately updated to reflect actual progress with well maintained supporting records;
• Ensure the planning process is highly collaborative, by liaising with Project Managers and Construction Managers to ensure correct construction methodologies and sequences are captured in the programme;
• Identify key program risks and constraints through program analysis, including calculating inclement weather, cyclonic events etc;
• Identifying ways of optimising the program through detailed analysis to develop terminal float to mitigate any liquated damages and delay impacts;
• Review the design and approvals program and comment on its compatibility with construction requirements;
• Ensure that input and consensus to the Baseline Program is obtained from all participants;
• Ensure that a reliable and credible overall project program incorporating design, approvals, procurement, off site fabrication and delivery, construction, testing and commissioning is developed and achieves the completion objectives of the Project;
• Establish what activities should be measured, monitored and reported and advise on the method of monitoring those activities;
• Prepare accompanied basis of schedule documentation for client review and approval to establish baseline program assumptions;
• Ensure that credible Earned Values are produced for the monthly progress updates;
• Prepare and develop 4D modelling and program build sequence diagrams;
• Prepare resource and manning analysis to be included in cost estimate and assumptions;
• The time-phase budget must be developed in line with the delivery model and how productivity is planned through the different phases of the project;
• Assist in the provision of key planning and programme status with regards to progress, time, cost and contractual issues;
• Assist the Bid Leads to establish robust, detailed and resourced programmes
• Review all subcontractors and suppliers’ programmes to ensure that the subcontractor’s full scope is covered and that their programmes align with the baseline programme requirements;
• Effective short and long-term plans, whilst facilitating the ongoing maintaining, coordinating and monitoring of the design, procurement and construction.
Whilst technical experience is of importance to us, to be considered for our talent pool and future positions, you will have:
• Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or Similar
• Extensive Experience in Infrastructure, Renewables, Non-Process Infrastructure;
• Proficient in the use of 4D Planning desirable but not essential
• Ability to write routine reports, basis of program reports, identity program risks and correspondence;
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions Ability to problem solve and research innovative ways to reduce costs.
Decmil is committed to an inclusive workplace that fosters a positive culture based on the fundamental principles of respect, equity and diversity and enables people to be involved, contribute and perform to their full potential. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates to apply.
We invite you to apply now to discover your chance to explore new opportunities and a path for you to succeed at Decmil.