Job no: 493452
Work type: Full Time
Location: WA - Perth
Categories: Commercial, Legal
As market leaders in complex, multi-disciplinary project delivery for over 40 years, Decmil deliver integrated construction and engineering solutions across the infrastructure, resources, energy and construction sectors.
The Decmil culture is a key factor in our company’s success. We are committed to operating in a way that delivers lasting benefits for all of our stakeholders including the communities we work for, our clients, our employees and our shareholders.
Our business is built around people, people who are team players and enjoy contributing their ideas to get the best out of their working life. Our people are united by a spirit of curiosity, one that enables them to face challenges with a unique perspective, a perspective which is truly Decmil.
We are seeking a highly experienced Commercial Manager to join our Group Commercial team.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Interpret Contracts across the business, analysing and advising on the possible outcomes in the event of a strategy change like financing provisions, timing of construction, scope changes, interface issues etc.
• Provide advise internally and negotiate on contract and commercial legal disputes/variations, with subcontractors and/or under head contract including assistance with recovery of variation and Claim entitlements;
• Draft and issue formal communication for upstream and downstream Contracts with specific reference to Claims and Disputes;
• Undertake valuations and measurements on projects as required, including negotiating and agreeing the valuation of construction works at various stages of the project such as the contract sum, contract progress and contract final account;
• Provide expert support with regards to Deeds of Settlement, Arbitrations, legal matters and Litigation cases.
Whilst technical experience is of importance to us, to be considered you will have:
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in the Engineering/Construction Industry in a Commercial Management or Contracts Manager position, including experience in dispute resolutions;
• 10 years expertise in Programming and Project Controls;
• Proven experience on various forms of contracting arrangements;
• Degree in Commerce, Construction Management, Law or similar is preferred.
Decmil is an equal opportunity employer and we support diversity in our workforce. Indigenous candidates are encouraged to apply.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining the right people who are highly competent, live our values and actively contribute to our long-term success. If you’re ready to join the Decmil Team, apply now.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend