Environmental and Sustainability Advisor
Job no: 493666
Work type: Full Time
Location: WA - Perth
Categories: Health, Safety & Environment
We are an Australian-owned company who has successfully delivered integrated construction and engineering solutions for over 40 years in the infrastructure, resources, energy and construction sectors across Australia.
About This Role
Due to ongoing growth within our business, we have a new and exciting role for a Environmental and Sustainability Advisor to join our Corporate team in our Head office based in Osborne Park.
As the Environmental and Sustainability Advisor you will:
- Contribute to the continual improvement of the E&S project management system, including the revision of management plans and procedures
- Work collaboratively with the Project to ensure that the E&S requirements are understood and adhered to and will assist in project start-up and mobilisation
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with the project construction team, as well as external stakeholders
- Provide technical consultation that includes assessment and management of environmental aspects and risks arising from operations, to prevent incidents, protect company assets and business affairs
- Undertake audits, inspections, and implement site monitoring programs to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and approval conditions
- Develop and deliver E&S training programs for site personnel.
What We Are Looking For
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science or equivalent
- Experience in a similar role within the construction, civil or resources sector
- Sound understanding of the Australian environmental regulatory framework
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal skills including negotiation, conflict resolution and liaison with internal and external stakeholders
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to travel to site for ad-hoc site visits.
- Knowledge and understanding of Green Star and ISCA rating assessment tools
- Knowledge and understanding of Erosion and Sediment principles and application.
Our people are the strength of our business, contributing to our vision of being the market leader in project delivery and achieving sustainable growth. Our people have a ‘can do’ attitude, and we empower them to create new ways of doing things and to find solutions through innovative thinking.
We are committed to an inclusive workplace that fosters a positive culture based on the fundamental principles of respect, equity and diversity and enables people to be involved, contribute and perform to their full potential. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates to apply.
We invite you to apply now and join Decmil to explore new opportunities and develop your skills.
Together, we’re Decmil. Together, we’re the difference.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend