Job no: 493676
Work type: Maximum Term
Location: NSW - Regional
Categories: Health, Safety & Environment
As market leaders in complex, multi-disciplinary project delivery for over 40 years, Decmil deliver integrated construction and engineering solutions across the infrastructure, resources, energy and construction sectors.
The Decmil culture is a key factor in our company’s success. We are committed to operating in a way that delivers lasting benefits for all of our stakeholders including the communities we work for, our clients, our employees and our shareholders.
Our business is built around people, people who are team players and enjoy contributing their ideas to get the best out of their working life. Our people are united by a spirit of curiosity, one that enables them to face challenges with a unique perspective, a perspective which is truly Decmil.
We have an exciting opportunity for a dedicated and highly motivated HSE Advisor to join our project team. As the primary HSE Advisor on site, your responsibilities will include:
- Provide advice, coaching and support to Project Manager, supervision and general employees in the performance of their specific HSE responsibilities and duties, including set KPIs as defined within the HSE Management Plans and system, Client specifications and statutory legislation.
- Promote sustainability initiatives.
- Contribute to, and continuously promote the SHIELD Program to develop a culture whereby HSE is held in the highest regard.
- Recognise and promote safe behaviours.
- Intervene where required to stop and prevent at-risk behaviours.
- Monitor and keep up to date with statutory legislation for HSE, including relevant industry standards, codes of practice and guidance notes.
- Coordinate the maintenance of HSE equipment, including but not limited to emergency response equipment (extinguishers, first aid kits) and calibrated equipment (breathalysers) with records maintained.
- Maintain HSE specific compliance records, documents and data.
- Provide expert advice in the risk management process referencing HSE statutory requirements, Decmil and Client standards, industry practices, and lessons learnt information.
- Coordinate change management requirements in response to statutory legislative changes, HSE management system changes, Client directions and lessons learnt.
- Close out and provide auditable evidence for corrective actions assigned within CMO.
- Develop and document scenario plans for emergency response exercises and drills, facilitate the completion of these activities and document lessons learnt.
- Initiate emergency response requirements where applicable and carry out responsibilities as assigned within the emergency response management plan/s and HSE management system procedures.
- Prepare HSE presentation information and agenda items (i.e. safety moments) for meetings, including but not limited to daily pre-start and weekly toolbox meetings.
- Provide HSE advice and feedback during scheduled meetings, including but not limited to Client progress, monthly safety committee and subcontractor meetings; and
- Maintain relationships with Client HSE personnel and/or other stakeholders through regular updates and contact sessions.
- Prepare HSE training information such as inductions and toolbox sessions and present as scheduled.
- Maintain the training needs analysis and training matrix to ensure HSE compliance.
- Immediately report any incident (near miss or injury) encountered during the course of work, conduct incident investigations.
- Initiate the communication of, and escalation of HSE events in relation to reporting and investigation requirements.
- Administer fitness for work testing in accordance with HSE management plan and system procedure and notify relevant management and HR representatives of any contravention.
- Support injury management requirements.
- Maintain a regular field presence for HSE through the completion of inspections and behavioural based observations and in compliance with KPIs set.
- Participate in internal and external HSE audits, and conduct internal audits to identify compliance against the HSE management plan/s.
- Monitor and report on the HSE performance against objectives and targets set through data compilation and statistical analysis.
- Identify trends and provide recommendations for improvement using CMO tools for this.
- Prepare and distribute HSE performance reports in accordance with schedules set including but not limited to the HSE Monthly Dashboard and National Greenhouse Energy Report.
Whilst technical experience is of importance to us, to be considered for our talent pool and future positions, you will have:
- Certificate IV in Workplace Health and Safety (WHS) or equivalent.
- Certificate IV in Environmental Management or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the construction and engineering industry.
- Proven ability and demonstrated experience in behavioural-based HSE management programs and applications.
- Clear understanding of HSE legislation.
- Generalist HSE skills, including incident investigation (TapRoot) and internal auditing capability.
- High level of communication, written and interpersonal skills.
- Sound computer literacy skills.
- High level of interpersonal skills, with the ability to negotiate and influence others.
- Maintain personal accountability.
- Efficient time management skills.
Decmil is committed to an inclusive workplace that fosters a positive culture based on the fundamental principles of respect, equity and diversity and enables people to be involved, contribute and perform to their full potential. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates to apply.
We invite you to apply now to discover your chance to explore new opportunities and a path for you to succeed at Decmil.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend