Job no: 493686
Work type: Full Time
Location: WA - Perth
Categories: Health, Safety & Environment
We are an Australian-owned company who has successfully delivered integrated construction and engineering solutions for over 40 years in the infrastructure, resources, energy and construction sectors across Australia.
About the Role
Due to ongoing growth within our business, we are looking for an experienced Environmental Manager to join our Albany project team on a fly in fly out 10:4 roster.
As the Environmental Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Provide technical consultation that includes assessment and management of project environmental issues and risks arising from site operations, to prevent incidents, protect company assets and business affairs
- Proactive evaluation of design concepts and collaboration with external consultants
- Inspect, assess, monitor, investigate and/or recommend corrective and preventative actions
- Conduct assessments, inventories and inspections for various environmental and safety regulations
- Lead environmental compliance programs
- Perform facility audits, surveys and inspections to identify environmental security and occupational hazards and weaknesses
- Promote effective practices and ensure compliance with applicable regulations and develop recommendations that provide solutions, remedies or process improvement.
What We Are Looking For
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Environment or equivalent experience
- Proven high level research, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Sound understanding of the Australian environmental regulatory framework and the development of environmental management plans
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal skills including negotiation, conflict resolution and liaison, to develop cooperative working relationships with internal and external clients.
Our people are the strength of our business, contributing to our vision of being the market leader in project delivery and achieving sustainable growth. Our people have a ‘can do’ attitude, and we empower them to create new ways of doing things and to find solutions through innovative thinking.
We are committed to an inclusive workplace that fosters a positive culture based on the fundamental principles of respect, equity and diversity and enables people to be involved, contribute and perform to their full potential. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates to apply.
We invite you to apply now and join Decmil to explore new opportunities and develop your skills
Together, we’re Decmil. Together, we’re the difference.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend