Desktop Support Officer
Job no: 493687
Work type: Full Time
Location: QLD - Brisbane
Categories: Information Technology
We are an Australian-owned company who has successfully delivered integrated construction and engineering solutions for over 40 years in the infrastructure, resources, energy and construction sectors across Australia.
About the Role
We are looking for an IT-young-gun! A self-motivated, energetic and professional Desktop Support Officer to join the IT team, based in the Brisbane, CBD Office.
As the sole Desktop Support person in the Brisbane CBD office your responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Manage the day-to-day IT operations including managing IT incidents and requests in the Service Desk queue and actioning the site related tickets
- Troubleshoot and resolve all IT issues related to local network, SharePoint permissions and application installations
- Assist with required hardware for remote projects under the guidance of senior IST staff
- Ensure that all IT assets are managed in our Asset Management database
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues, Installing and maintaining hardware and computer peripherals
- Utilise SCCM infrastructure for OS and application deployment and re-imaging of devices prior to reallocating to staff
- Support video conferencing rooms and site based unified communications platforms utilised within the business
- Support all requests and issues relating to the Print infrastructure
- Develop and update Information Systems Technology procedures and documentation
- Identify potential changes and system improvements to present to senior team leaders for consideration and implementation
What We Are Looking For
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Diploma or tertiary qualification in Information Technology (or equivalent Microsoft certification)
- Minimum of 2 years’ Information Technology experience in similar customer-facing role, preferably in the engineering and construction industry
- Ability to follow instructions meticulously and work independently and autonomously
- Introductory technical knowledge of Microsoft server and Microsoft 365
- Excellent written and spoken Customer Service skills
- Self-motivated, well organised, approachable and friendly nature.
Our people are the strength of our business, contributing to our vision of being the market leader in project delivery and achieving sustainable growth. Our people have a ‘can do’ attitude, and we empower them to create new ways of doing things and to find solutions through innovative thinking.
We are committed to an inclusive workplace that fosters a positive culture based on the fundamental principles of respect, equity and diversity and enables people to be involved, contribute and perform to their full potential. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates to apply.
We invite you to apply now and join Decmil to explore new opportunities and develop your skills
Together, we’re Decmil. Together, we’re the difference.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend