Job no: 493700
Work type: Full Time
Location: VIC - Regional
Categories: Health, Safety & Environment
We are an Australian-owned company who has successfully delivered integrated construction and engineering solutions for over 40 years in the infrastructure, resources, energy and construction sectors across Australia.
Due to ongoing growth within our business, we are looking for an experienced Health and Safety Advisor to join our project team.
As the Health and Safety Advisor you will provide advice to workplace personnel on Health & Safety compliance and project management implementation.
- Commitment to "No Harm Culture" and "Lost Time Injury" free workplace
- Maintain and drive a constant field presence for HSE on our projects
- Provide advice to ensure compliance with HSE Management plans
- Participate and assist with internal and external HSE audits for our projects.
- Maintain relationships with our client through regular contact, and open communication on HSE matters
- Provide support, assistance and mentoring to the workforce in the completion of HSE KPIs, i.e. workplace inspections, behavioural observations, corrective action closeouts
- Perform specific HSE responsibilities and duties as assigned, and in accordance with HSE management system requirements
- Provide leadership that fosters a spirit of teamwork and drives a successful and safe project delivery.
What We Are Looking For
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Working knowledge of HSEQ practices and relevant HSE legislation
- High-level generalist HSE skills, including incident investigation
- Excellent computer proficiency in word processing, spread sheets and experience with on-line (automated) HSEQ management systems
- Great verbal and written communication skills with a proven ability to negotiate and influence others
- Proven ability and demonstrated experience in behavioural-based HSE management programs and applications
- Demonstrated experience in effective leadership and employee supervision
- Willingness to work on a roster rotation.
Our people are the strength of our business, contributing to our vision of being the market leader in project delivery and achieving sustainable growth. Our people have a ‘can do’ attitude, and we empower them to create new ways of doing things and to find solutions through innovative thinking.
We are committed to an inclusive workplace that fosters a positive culture based on the fundamental principles of respect, equity and diversity and enables people to be involved, contribute and perform to their full potential. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates to apply.
We invite you to apply now and join Decmil to explore new opportunities and develop your skills.
Together, we’re Decmil. Together, we’re the difference.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend