Engineer - Project Senior
Job no: 493709
Work type: Full Time
Location: QLD - Regional
We are an Australian-owned company who has successfully delivered integrated construction and engineering solutions for over 40 years in the infrastructure, resources, energy and construction sectors across Australia.
About the Role
Due to ongoing growth within our business, we are looking for an experienced Senior Project Engineer (Civil) to join our project team.
As the Senior Project Engineer, you will be willing to work on remote Projects on construction FIFO rosters. Your responsibilities will include:
- Plan and coordinate complex project engineering assignments entailing technical specifications and the preparation of detailed plans;
- Understands and complies with company and project policies, processes and guidelines;
- Act as a trouble shooter and ensure any potential problems are resolved or alerted to senior management;
- Maintain and ensure all work is of high standard and compliant with quality control frameworks; and
- Demonstrate and provide a high level of customer service to project team, client representatives, sub-contractors, foreman, consultants and community.
- Deliver high quality engineering to achieve successful project delivery;
- Identify budgetary risk and opportunities;
- Prepare progress claims, variations and present to client;
- Undertake cost controlling, estimating, budgeting, forecasting, sub-contract claim review and commercial negotiation activities;
- Take accountability and prepare in accordance with project requirements the progress claims, measurement of quantities, claims for extensions of time, claims for the release of retentions and certificates under the main contract;
- Ensure that the budgetary targets set for each trade package are met or exceeded;
- In conjunction with the Contracts Manager, play a lead role in the commercial management of the project and deliver the project in accordance with the Contract Documentation and Company Standards and Procedures;
- Monitor field production progress quantities against budget and forecast final cost for each item;
- Manage key planning and programme status with regard to progress, time, cost and contractual issues;
- Identify construction problems or potential delays early and implement mitigation strategies to limit adverse consequences;
- Maintain thorough knowledge of the contract including engineering and technical specifications;
- Identify and develop the scope of works ensuring no scope gaps between trade packages and ensure that all works are included in an appropriate trade package;
- Prepare programs for allocated work packages that meets the objectives of the project;
- Monitor work of construction team (labourers, plant, subcontractors) and resolve any discrepancies;
- Coordinate resources including manpower and monitor progress, evaluate results and recommend changes in specifications or plans as appropriate;
- Monitor progress ensuring that work quality and techniques are of a high standard and report regularly on progress and findings;
- Complete a thorough review of consultant drawings including cross referencing for anomalies, sufficient detailing, accuracy of notes and references;
- Review the project designs and liaise with the area foremen and subcontractors to ensure that all relevant information is available and omissions & discrepancies are resolved prior to works being affected on site;
- Ensure that drawings are distributed to all of the relevant subcontractors and that the all documents being used for construction are the current revision;
- Compile a recommendation for subcontract award and on approval engage the approved subcontractor;
- Maintain thorough knowledge of the subcontracts, including their engineering and technical specifications;
- Review, sign-off and monitor subcontractors Site Safety Plans & Safe Work Method Statements in conjunction with the Engineers, Supervisors and HSE Advisors;
- Ensure that subcontractors complete the MDR’s and Inspection Test Plan’s (ITP’s) including coordinating the relevant subcontractor, consultant & client signoffs at the specified witness/hold points;
- Carry out Subcontractor audits for HSE&Q and assist & monitor the Trade Package Managers (Engineers) to ensure that the required audits are completed;
- Measure, record and report on project progress against program allocated work and advise of any discrepancies;
- Establish and maintain an effective quality system to ensure that all records, test results and inspections required under the contract are obtained;
What We Are Looking For
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in the construction and engineering industry.
- Proven ability and demonstrated experience in planning and managing projects, including contract management, project expenditure, estimating and delivery.
- Demonstrated experience in effective supervision, monitoring of sub-contractors and other trades.
- Demonstrated experience on TMR Projects
Our people are the strength of our business, contributing to our vision of being the market leader in project delivery and achieving sustainable growth. Our people have a ‘can do’ attitude, and we empower them to create new ways of doing things and to find solutions through innovative thinking.
We are committed to an inclusive workplace that fosters a positive culture based on the fundamental principles of respect, equity and diversity and enables people to be involved, contribute and perform to their full potential. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates to apply.
We invite you to apply now and join Decmil to explore new opportunities and develop your skills
Together, we’re Decmil. Together, we’re the difference.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend