Job no: 493737
Work type: Full Time
Location: NSW - Sydney, NSW - Regional
We are an Australian-owned company who has successfully delivered integrated construction and engineering solutions for over 40 years in the infrastructure, resources, energy and construction sectors across Australia.
About the Role
Due to ongoing growth within our business, we are looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join our project team.
As the sole Quantity Surveyor on the Project site your responsibilities will include:
- Prepare Bills of Quantities and specifications for projects.
- Undertake cost planning, cost analysis, site measurements for progress payments and variations which occur on site.
- Report on job progress and cost control to the Project Manager.
- Prepare progress claims on clients for payment of work done.
- Prepare payments to sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Liaise with team in coordination of reports as required internally and by the Client.
- Assist with purchasing and site procurement requirements.
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of all project contract documentation including head contracts and subcontracts.
- Abide by all company procedures, statutory and legal requirements and ensure risk exposure to Company Terms & Conditions is minimised at all times.
- Assist with cost controlling, estimating, budgeting, forecasting and subcontract claim reviews required.
- Ensure the project is delivered in accordance with the contract documentation and company standards and procedures.
- Assist the project team in the administration of contracts including procurement, budgets, progress claims, written documentation and disputes.
- Assess variations through liaising with all stakeholders.
- Assist with document management of all correspondence.
- Ensure all contract correspondence for the project is, reviewed, actioned and distributed accordingly.
- Assist in compiling and reviewing the procurement schedule in alignment to the delivery programme.
- Assist the project team to monitor subcontractor performance and take action where performance deviates from contract requirements.
- In conjunction with the project team, monitor field production progress quantities against budget and forecast final cost for each item.
- Undertake material take-offs and checking against contract documents.
- Play an integral role in compiling contractual claims (including time and/or cost).
- Accountable for progress claims, measurement of quantities, NOD & EOT submissions, retention/security release and certificates under the main contract being prepared in accordance with the contract requirements.
- Identify opportunities for the improvement of project delivery systems, policies and procedures.
What We Are Looking For
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Tertiary Qualifications in Commercial Management, Commercial Law, Construction Management, Quantity Surveying or similar.
- Minimum of 3 years previous experience in the building or engineering industries.
- Proven knowledge of contract law, administration and financial services.
- Proven commercial & risk, planning, project controls and contractual management skills.
- Ability to deal with conflict and influence commercial outcomes with stakeholders.
- Working knowledge of leadership and performance management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external partners.
- High level computer literacy skills in relevant field.
Our people are the strength of our business, contributing to our vision of being the market leader in project delivery and achieving sustainable growth. Our people have a ‘can do’ attitude, and we empower them to create new ways of doing things and to find solutions through innovative thinking.
We are committed to an inclusive workplace that fosters a positive culture based on the fundamental principles of respect, equity and diversity and enables people to be involved, contribute and perform to their full potential. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates to apply.
We invite you to apply now and join Decmil to explore new opportunities and develop your skills
Together, we’re Decmil. Together, we’re the difference.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend