Job no: 493862
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: QLD - Brisbane
Categories: Pre Contracts & Business Development, Engineering
We are an Australian-owned company who has successfully delivered integrated construction and engineering solutions for over 40 years in the infrastructure, resources, energy and construction sectors across Australia.
We have an exciting opportunity for a driven and enthusiastic Senior Estimator with a strong background in the Civil sector and enjoys working in a fast-paced work environment.
Brisbane city based with flexible working arrangements
- Ensure submissions to clients for expressions of interest and tenders comply with client requirements;
- Preparation of estimates for a diverse range of tenders within the building, resources, infrastructure and energy sectors;
- Assist in the operational review of scope of work and prepare operational input data;
- Analyse job/project profitability, analyse unit costs and monitor necessary changes to increase the success rate and
- Estimate from first principles and build ups for relevant scope packages.
Qualifications and Skills
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Tertiary Qualifications in Quantity Surveying / Civil Engineering / Construction Management and Economics
- Solid understanding of programming;
- Proven knowledge of estimating including identifying cost options and preparing tenders and proposals;
- Proven estimating, project controls and contractual management skills; and
- Minimum of 5 years experience within the Australian civil construction or engineering industry / projects in the NPI space
- Experienced in tendering / delivering $10M - $100M tenders
- Being able to work under pressure
- Proficient user of Expert Genesis
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Have a thirst for knowledge and be keen to embrace Decmil’s culture
- Great communication skills, with the ability to take everyone in the team on the tendering journey
- Looking for somebody that will energise the team – attitude & energy
- Align with our company values of Safety, Profit, Relationships, People and Innovation
- Competitive salary package
- Job security with a proud Australian company
- Supportive parental leave policy
- Novated lease opportunity
- Team member discounts on company products
- Ongoing career development and training
- Employee recognition and referral programs
- Work in a fun and supportive team
Together, we’re Decmil. Together, we’re the difference.
Our people are the strength of our business, contributing to our vision of being the market leader in project delivery and achieving sustainable growth. We are committed to an inclusive workplace that fosters a positive culture based on the fundamental principles of respect, equity and diversity and enables people to be involved, contribute and perform to their full potential. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates to apply.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend