People & Culture Business Partner
Job no: 493910
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: VIC - Melbourne
Categories: Human Resources
As market-leaders in complex project delivery for the Infrastructure, Renewables, Building and Resources sectors, Decmil continue to successfully deliver integrated, multi-disciplinary construction and engineering solutions for clients across Australasia. We are now seeking to employ a commercially astute HR Business Partner who will support the Regional Leadership Team, helping them to achieve business objectives by building capability across the region.
This is a broad operational and strategic Senior HR role within a fast paced construction environment, where there is a real opportunity to be creative and innovative in your delivery of best practice, partnering with senior leaders within the business. The role you play will be critical in the development of the business and you'll work closely with leaders to drive and increase engagement, talent management, succession, team effectiveness, performance, and leadership capability.
As the People and Culture Business Partner for Victoria you will:
- Provide HR advice and support across the whole employee life cycle
- Building trusted advisor relationships with managers in understanding and application of industrial relations requirements
- Provide excellent customer service delivery by supporting and coaching managers and team leaders with people matters, particularly, performance counselling processes;
- Support managers through performance counselling and disciplinary processes, including providing advice on appropriate action, documentation, and conducting meetings;
- Strategic advice on local, and occasional regional initiatives, to enhance performance, engagement, and talent management initiatives using metrics and data to guide decision making;
- Assist with the implementation of HR projects and strategy on talent management organisational change, transformation, and effectiveness;
- Develop the IR strategy in consultation with key internal stakeholders.
- Negotiate and lodge Enterprise Agreements.
- Manage relationships with relevant unions/employer associations.
- Maintain IR Management Plan and Workplace Relations Management Plan (WRMP) templates ensuring Code and client compliance.
- Represent the company in employment law and industrial relation matters before the relevant tribunals as required.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A relevant depth of experience (5+ years) managing human resources and industrial relations within the construction, oil and gas and/or engineering industries
- Qualifications in HR or Industrial Relations preferred
- Experience in representation at relevant tribunals
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills
- Self-starter with a strong internal stakeholder focus and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to think strategically while being hands-on with the day-to-day workload
- Experience working within a regional leadership team
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
Decmil is an equal opportunity employer and we support diversity in our workforce. Indigenous candidates are encouraged to apply.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining the right people who are highly competent, live our values and actively contribute to our long-term success. If you’re ready to join the Decmil Team, apply now.
Please call Leigh Rowbottom from Talent Associates on 1300 363 445 for more information or click "apply now" to submit an application.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend