Sustainability Manager - Regional Leadership Role
Job no: 493932
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: VIC - Melbourne
Categories: Pre Contracts & Business Development, Health, Safety & Environment, Engineering
Decmil are an Australian-owned and ASX listed company, providing complex, multi-disciplinary project delivery across the infrastructure, resources, energy and construction sectors. Through the quality of our people and the strength of our relationships, we have successfully delivered integrated construction and engineering solutions for over 40 years.
The Sustainability Manager's Position is a newly created role which will provide high-level support to projects and the precontracts team to help achieve sustainability goals. You will have a chance to implement your vision of sustainable construction to pursuing and adopting innovations, engaging with the wider industry and you be at the forefront of implementing the carbon reduction strategy.
Your responsibilities will include;
- Supporting projects & the precontracts team to meet requirements of sustainability plans, project briefs and business targets
- Assessing project sustainability action plans in the pre-construction phase
- Provide Sustainability advice, guidance, support and/or mentoring to project leadership teams and other functional managers to facilitate construction and completions contribution to the project’s sustainability performance during design and construction.
- Ensure the Project Specifications are met relating to Sustainability performance
- Establish budgets and Manage sustainability costs
- Running sustainability start up meetings and educating project teams on sustainability subjects relevant to the project
- Supporting projects to pursue innovation / stretch opportunities
- Conducting sustainability project reviews
- Ensuring projects are meeting the Site Sustainability Standards / auditing compliance / cross pollinating good ideas between projects
To be considered for this role you will have:
- 2-4 years of related experience required in working in a sustainability role
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally.
- Tertiary qualifications in sustainability, engineering, environmental science, or related field
- Detailed knowledge and appreciation of current sustainability issues and skills in strategy development, systems approach, stakeholder engagement, performance management, project management, training & communication, benchmarking, auditing, data verification / non-financials, and business case development.
- Experience within the Civil Construction & Infrastructure Sector
Decmil is an equal opportunity employer and we support diversity in our workforce. Indigenous candidates are encouraged to apply.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining the right people who are highly competent, live our values and actively contribute to our long-term success. If you’re ready to join the Decmil Team, apply now.
Please call Leigh Rowbottom from Talent Associates on 1300 363 445 for more information or click "apply now" to lodge an application.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend