Quantity Surveyor – Senior
Job no: 493973
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: QLD - Brisbane
We are an Australian-owned company who has successfully delivered integrated construction and engineering solutions for over 40 years in the infrastructure, resources, energy and construction sectors across Australia.
About the Role
An opportunity exists within our business for an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our project team.
As the Senior Quantity Surveyor your responsibilities will include maximising revenue, turnover and margins by recognising commercial opportunities, management and contracting of commercial risks alongside the Project Manager.
What We Are Looking For
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Tertiary Qualifications in Commercial Construction Management, Quantity Surveying or similar.
- Minimum of 5 years previous experience in the civil, building or engineering industries.
- Proven knowledge of the following:
- Contract management,
- Best practice procurement methods,
- Quantities measurement and interpretation of drawings,
- Relevant market pricing
- Financial control of construction projects.
- Expert application of competencies in respect of commercial & risk, planning, project controls and project delivery to maximise project objectives.
- Ability to deal with conflict and influence commercial outcomes with stakeholders.
- Working knowledge of leadership and performance management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external partners.
- High level computer literacy skills in relevant field.
Our people are the strength of our business, contributing to our vision of being the market leader in project delivery and achieving sustainable growth. Our people have a ‘can do’ attitude, and we empower them to create new ways of doing things and to find solutions through innovative thinking.
We are committed to an inclusive workplace that fosters a positive culture based on the fundamental principles of respect, equity and diversity and enables people to be involved, contribute and perform to their full potential. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates to apply.
We invite you to apply now and join Decmil to explore new opportunities and develop your skills
Together, we’re Decmil. Together, we’re the difference.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend