Project Engineer - Albany Ring Road
Job no: 494023
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: WA - Perth, WA - Regional
As market-leaders in complex project delivery for the Infrastructure, Renewables and Resources sectors, Decmil continue to successfully deliver integrated, multi-disciplinary construction and engineering solutions for clients across Australasia. An opportunity has now arisen for a Project Engineer to join the team on the Albany Ring Road Project, Stage 2.
The Albany Ring Road project will provide a freight route of 11.5 km around the City of Albany for the transport of grain, fertilizer, woodchips and other goods to the Port of Albany. Recent Decmil were awarded Stage 2 of this project after some outstanding work on stage 1.
As the Project Engineer you will provide provide high quality and innovative engineering services, contract management and project programming to the Project teams . Responsibilities include;
- Coordinate with Managers and Superintendents on Engineering, temporary works, scheduling and status of the project.
- Provide overall progress reports and other reports related to schedule and cost as required by the Project Manager.
- Provide general technical assistance to supervisory personnel.
- Interpret engineering documents and drawings for field personnel.
- Control fabrication and field construction engineering and schedules for overall programs.
- Participate in bid evaluation of subcontract tenders.
- Prepare reports on progress, manpower and costs and coordinate the work scheduling and procurement.
- Monitor and coordinate the preparation maintenance and change of construction schedules, methods, manning charts and equipment requirements. Advise on actions to be taken to prevent or improve undesirable trends in progress.
- Ensure the currency and accuracy of information for schedules and reports, provide timely submission of reports and project schedules.
- Develop and oversee inspection practices of Site Engineers to ensure effective and satisfactory progress and completion of all work areas for the project.
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Tertiary qualification in engineering
- Specialist experience in project engineering and a working knowledge of project management
- Competent in planning and organising work schedules and a demonstrated ability to deliver to timelines
- Demonstrated experience in effective supervision, monitoring of sub-contractors and other trades.
- Strong experience in major roads projects
Our people are the strength of our business, contributing to our vision of being the market leader in project delivery and achieving sustainable growth. Our people have a ‘can do’ attitude, and we empower them to create new ways of doing things and to find solutions through innovative thinking.
We are committed to an inclusive workplace that fosters a positive culture based on the fundamental principles of respect, equity and diversity and enables people to be involved, contribute and perform to their full potential. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates to apply.
We invite you to apply now and join Decmil to explore new opportunities and develop your skills.
Please call Leigh Rowbottom from Talent Associates on 1300 363 445 for further information or please click "apply now" to lodge an application.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend