Planner / Senior Planner - Pre-Contracts
Job no: 493956
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: WA - Perth
Categories: Pre Contracts & Business Development, Commercial, Engineering
We’re looking for a Senior Planner / Planner to join our Pre-Contracts & Business Development team. You’ll work closely with operations, design, construction and estimating commercial teams to achieve project success.
Provide planning guidance and advice to supporting with managing the project from implementation in all aspects of financial control, through to all stages of a contract, providing the project teams with assistance to complete works in accordance with the contract documentation and Decmil standards and procedures.
- Implementation and use of planning techniques to support in all aspects of financial control through all stages of a contract
- Ownership and maintain the construction program throughout the project duration
- Ensure adequate time controls are set up at time of tender award to achieve the project objectives, including the planning and allocation of tasks to ensure deadlines are met
- Work closely with the operations team to ensure the project and program support; provide operational input into tender submissions with a focus on value-engineered options to provide the best possibility of tender success
- Provide the baseline for regular and accurate program updates and reliable forecasts
- Advise other project team members on priorities and criticality of program activities
- Assist the project team in achieving the agreed completion milestones and provide assurance on achieving the key dates
- Provide early warning notices to project team on delays and the likely effects of delays
- Hold regular risk analysis workshops and produce the respective analysis for senior management review
- Produce weekly and monthly reporting for key metrics & analysis
- Actively adopt 4D planning techniques to support communication of the project time model
Who & what are we looking for?
- A degree in Engineering, Construction Management or similar
- Experience in all forms of contract (design and construction, construct only and hybrid commercial models, alliance, or PPP projects)
- Proficient user of Primavera P6, experience in the use of 4D Planning desirable, but not essential
- Ability to write routine reports, basis of program reports, identify program risks and correspondence
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to problem solve and research innovative ways to reduce costs
- Ability to build and maintain collaborative business relationships with key stakeholders
We provide our people with access to a range of benefits that help you balance your life at work and at home. These include flexible working arrangements, support for creating a family friendly work environment, professional development opportunities, health and wellbeing programs, and a referral program.
Our people are the strength of our business, contributing to our vision of being the market leader in project delivery and achieving sustainable growth. Our people have a ‘can do’ attitude, and we empower them to create new ways of doing things and to find solutions through innovative thinking.
We are committed to an inclusive workplace that fosters a positive culture based on the fundamental principles of respect, equity and diversity and enables people to be involved, contribute, and perform to their full potential. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates to apply.
We invite you to apply now and join Decmil to explore new opportunities and develop your skills.
Together, we’re Decmil. Together, we’re the difference.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend