Site / Project Engineer - Ryan Corner Wind Farm, Port Fairy, VIC
Job no: 494054
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: VIC - Melbourne, VIC - Regional
As market-leaders in complex project delivery for the Infrastructure, Renewables and Resources sectors, Decmil continue to successfully deliver integrated, multi-disciplinary construction and engineering solutions for clients across Australasia.
Due to the award of a key contract on the Ryan Corner Wind Farm located near Port Fairy, Decmil are seeking a Project Engineer to join the team on a DIDO 10:4 or Monday to Friday Residential Roster.
What you'll be responsible for:
As a Project Engineer at Decmil your responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate with Managers and Superintendents on Engineering, temporary works, scheduling and status of the project.
- Provide overall progress reports and other reports related to schedule and cost as required by the Project Manager.
- Provide general technical assistance to supervisory personnel.
- Interpret engineering documents and drawings for field personnel.
- Control fabrication and field construction engineering and schedules for overall programs.
- Prepare reports on progress, manpower and costs and coordinate the work scheduling and procurement.
- Monitor and coordinate the preparation maintenance and change of construction schedules, methods, manning charts and equipment requirements. Advise on actions to be taken to prevent or improve undesirable trends in progress.
- Ensure the currency and accuracy of information for schedules and reports, provide timely submission of reports and project schedules
Who & What are we looking for?
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience in the construction and engineering industry
- Strong communication skills, an ability to juggle competing priorities, and demonstrated experience in the effective supervision, monitoring of sub-contractors and other trades
- Experience on windfarm projects
Ryan Corner Wind Farm
The 218MW Ryan Corner wind farm is located near Port Fairy in Victoria where a joint venture between Decmil and RJE Global have been awarded a $65m+ “balance of plant” contract, including the design and construction of some of the key components of the 52-turbine wind farm.
Uncover history in every corner of this charming fishing village at the end of the Great Ocean Road. The last destination on Victoria's famed Shipwreck Coast, Port Fairy boasts wide streets lined with nineteenth century cottages, great Norfolk pines and old stone churches. Take a walk down to the local port, one of the busiest fishing ports in Victoria, head out to sea on a guided fishing trip or take a cruise out to the seal colony on Lady Julia Percy Island. Keep an eye out for breaching southern right whales off Port Fairy's coast during the winter months.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend