Legal Counsel / Lawyer - Construction
Job no: 494087
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: WA - Perth
Here at Decmil we're aiming to be the market-leader in complex project delivery for the infrastructure, renewables and resources sectors, we continue to deliver integrated, multi-disciplinary construction and engineering solutions for clients across Australia, but we couldn't do it with the help of our teams. We're seeking a highly motivated and experienced Construction Legal Counsel to join our growing team, this role can either be based out of Perth, Melbourne or the Brisbane Head Offices. As a Legal Counsel, you will be responsible for providing legal advice and support to the Decmil on a wide range of legal matters, including contracts, regulatory compliance, and litigation.
As our legal advisor you will have excellent communication and negotiation skills, a strong knowledge of construction law, whilst providing advice and guidance to various project terms across Australia.
Some of your key responsibilities will be:
- Tender reviews of construction contracts (particularly EPC, D&C, CO, PPPs, BOOM, BOT, MC) and other related instruments
- Head contract and subcontract negotiation and drafting
- Drafting back-to-back project subcontract
- Review, drafting and negotiation of ancillary documents, such as financial instruments, leases, confidentiality agreements and various deeds
- Providing advice and guidance to project teams on claims and disputes, both at the subcontract and head contract levels
- Coordinating external providers of legal services, as required
- Developing and providing training to project teams; and
- Provision of general legal advice to the business
Who & what are we looking for?
- 5-8 years Post Admission Experience (PAE)
- Experience with corporate governance and construction law is a plus
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and drafting skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Must be commercially pragmatic, with an aptitude for finding creative and unconventional solutions to complex problems
- Professional development such as certifications & professional memberships & leadership development
- Generous paid parental leave and additional purchased additional annual leave options
- Novated leasing providing tax benefits and additional savings
- Referral bonuses: in the spirit of finding a diverse range of people to join our team, our employees can earn bonuses from $1,000 - $6,500 to assist in the growth of our business
- Flexible working options; including work from home options
Our people are the strength of our business, contributing to our vision of being the market leader in project delivery and achieving sustainable growth. Our people have a ‘can do’ attitude, and we empower them to create new ways of doing things and to find solutions through innovative thinking.
We are committed to an inclusive workplace that fosters a positive culture based on the fundamental principles of respect, equity and diversity and enables people to be involved, contribute and perform to their full potential. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates to apply.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend