Estimator / Senior Estimator
Job no: 494089
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: VIC - Melbourne
Categories: Pre Contracts & Business Development, Commercial
At Decmil, we're not just aiming to be the best - we're determined to lead the charge in delivering complex projects across Australia's infrastructure, renewables, and resources sectors. And the secret to our success? Our incredible team of multi-disciplinary construction and engineering experts who work tirelessly to provide integrated solutions for our clients.
As our Estimator, you'll play a pivotal role in driving our continued success, reporting to the Estimator Manager and working alongside our Pre-Contracts & Business Development team. From preparing submissions for expressions of interest to completing quantity take-offs for 2D and 3D scope elements, you'll be at the forefront of exciting upcoming tenders and projects.
Here's a sneak peek at what you'll be doing:
- As our Estimator, you'll be responsible for preparing submissions to clients for expressions of interest and tenders for civil construction projects.
- You'll also be in charge of preparing subcontractor and supplier requests for quotations and completing vetting of all received quotes.
- Don't worry if 2D and 3D scope elements sound like gibberish to most people, you'll be an expert! You'll need to complete quantity take-offs for these elements.
- Analysing tender documentation might sound like a chore to some, but for you it's an exciting opportunity to showcase your abilities.
- Providing high level technical inputs into construction methodologies, programs, and estimates will be your bread and butter.
- After a project is awarded, you'll be responsible for preparing project handover packs - no detail is too small for you
- You'll work closely with work teams to develop improved methods of carrying out works and reducing costs and time delays. Innovation is key!
- Finalising with a qualitative and quantitative assessment for inclusion in the final tender review process
Who and what we're searching for:
- We're looking for someone with a demonstrated history of delivering winning submissions for a range of contract models and at least 5 years of experience in the civil construction industry.
- You should be an expert in using Expert Estimation Genesis and Bluebeam Revu 2019.
- You'll need a strong knowledge of estimating, including identifying cost options and preparing tenders and proposals.
- You should have commercial & risk, planning, project controls, and contractual management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are a must to build and maintain relationships with internal and external partners.
- Bonus points if you have tertiary qualifications in Quantity Surveying, Engineering, Construction Management or a similar field.
At Decmil, we embrace diversity as a strength and are committed to providing a safe and supportive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected. We welcome applications from individuals of all ages, genders, races, cultures, and abilities, and believe that diverse perspectives and experiences can help us achieve great things. Together, we can create a better future for ourselves and our communities.
So, if you're ready to join a market leader and help us achieve our vision of sustainable growth, we want to hear from you!
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend