Estimator / Senior Estimator
Job no: 494090
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: QLD - Brisbane
Categories: Pre Contracts & Business Development, Engineering
Here at Decmil we're aiming to be the market-leader in complex project delivery for the infrastructure, renewables and resources sectors, we continue to deliver integrated, multi-disciplinary construction and engineering solutions for clients across Australia, but we couldn't do it with the help of our teams.
Reporting into the Operations Manager - Qld, and working as part of the Precontracts team, the Estimator will provide estimating support & guidance associated with exciting upcoming tenders & projects. This position will be based in our Brisbane head office and may require travel to site on occasion.
What you’ll be doing
- Preparing submissions to clients for expressions of interest and tenders for civil construction projects
- Prepare subcontractor and supplier requests for quotations and complete vetting of all received quotes
- Complete quantity take-offs for 2D and 3D scope elements
- Analyse tender documentation
- Provide high level technical inputs into construction methodologies, programs and estimates
- Assist work teams to develop improved methods of carrying out works and reducing costs and time delays
- Finalise with a qualitative and quantitative assessment for inclusion in the final tender review
- Prepare project handover packs following contract award
Who & what are we looking for?
- Demonstrated history of delivery winning submissions for a range of contract models.
- 5+ years’ experience in the civil construction industry (preferably with some site based experience)
- Use of Expert Estimation Genesis, Bluebeam Revu 2019
- Knowledge of estimating, including identifying cost options and preparing tenders and proposals
- Commercial & risk, planning, project controls and contractual management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external partners
- Tertiary Qualifications in Quantity Surveying, Engineering, Construction Management or similar
- Professional development such as certifications & professional memberships & leadership development
- Generous paid parental leave and additional purchased additional annual leave options
- Novated leasing providing tax benefits and additional savings
- Referral bonuses: in the spirit of finding a diverse range of people to join our team, our employees can earn bonuses from $1,000 - $6,500 to assist in the growth of our business
- Flexible working options; including work from home options
Our people are the strength of our business, contributing to our vision of being the market leader in project delivery and achieving sustainable growth. Our people have a ‘can do’ attitude, and we empower them to create new ways of doing things and to find solutions through innovative thinking.
We are committed to an inclusive workplace that fosters a positive culture based on the fundamental principles of respect, equity and diversity and enables people to be involved, contribute and perform to their full potential. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates to apply.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend