Group Manager Commercial & Risk
Job no: 494110
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: WA - Perth
We are an Australian-owned company who has successfully delivered integrated construction and engineering solutions for over 40 years in the infrastructure, resources, energy and construction sectors across Australia.
About the Role
Due to ongoing growth within our business, we are looking for an experienced Group Manager Commercial & Risk to join our team.
As the Group Manager Commercial & Risk, you will report to the Executive General Manager with group oversight over:
- project cashflows and profitability;
- procurement and subcontract tendering;
- dispute avoidance and resolution;
- contract administration processes;
- major claims resolution;
- risk management; and
- contract insurance claims management.
You will work closely with operational teams to ensure successful project outcomes.
What We Are Looking For
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Tertiary Qualifications in Quantity Surveying , Construction Management, Engineering, Commercial Law or similar is mandatory.
- Minimum of 12-15 years’ experience in senior commercial roles in the Construction or Resource industry with at least 5 working for a Contractor.
- Experience to have involved detailed application of commercial and risk-oriented systems and processes and providing high level guidance and advice of this nature to operational and project managers.
- Experience in effective and profitable management of contracts. This includes identification of, and managing risks, cost, and change management along with tendering and awarding project procurement.
- The role will be key in maintaining client relationships, analysing strategies, creating mitigation measures, and developing improved action plans for the profitability of the project.
- Strong negotiator with proven track record of settling claims. Taking this into account, the role requires sophisticated communication and influencing skills.
- Ability to mentor junior members of staff.
Our people are the strength of our business, contributing to our vision of being the market leader in project delivery and achieving sustainable growth. Our people have a ‘can do’ attitude, and we empower them to create new ways of doing things and to find solutions through innovative thinking.
We are committed to an inclusive workplace that fosters a positive culture based on the fundamental principles of respect, equity and diversity and enables people to be involved, contribute and perform to their full potential. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates to apply.
We invite you to apply now and join Decmil to explore new opportunities and develop your skills
Together, we’re Decmil. Together, we’re the difference.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend